The Salisbury Police Department seeks qualified people for part-time, per-diem police dispatcher positions. These positions have the potential to become full-time position in the future. Part-time dispatchers are under direct supervision during training period, and under limited supervision thereafter, are responsible for simultaneously operating a multi-channel radio console and a multi-line telephone, while maintaining computer-aided dispatch systems and other computer systems. Responsible for receiving, coordinating and disseminating critical information from various sources and maintaining radio contact with mobile/field units to monitor response, progress and any needed support.
Applicant must be a child or grandchild of a Massachusetts Police Chief, active or retired. Preference shall be given to an applicant who majors in law enforcement or criminal justice courses. Applicant must be at least a high school senior to apply. However, the scholarship will not be paid until the applicant has been enrolled in a college or university. Two awards will be made yearly -- one for a male applicant and one for a female applicant. Each scholarship award is $1,000.00. A sub-committee of the MCOPA Training and Education Committee selected by the Chairman will review the applicants and select the two recipients. The deadline for application submissions is April 30, 2018.
More Articles ...
- 2018 MCOPA Annual Trade Show - Online Registration Now Open
- Chief of Police Posting: Truro, MA
- Alarm Management Video
- Chapter 90s 24J Notices
- Leominster Quinn Bill Artibration Decision
- Changes to State Laws Governing Animal Control
- Legal Updates
- Legislation Documents - now live!
- State Contract OVM10
- Chiefs Discussion Forum
- MCOPA/MMCC - Response to the Final Report of the President's Task Force on 21st Century Police
- Stanard & Associates - POST, NDST and NFLST/NSLST / Fillable order Forms
- Link to new Public Records regulations under 950 CMR 32.00, dated 12/16/2016 and effective on 1/1/2017
- Legal Sciences / Digital Library
- WPI POSTING - ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY/ DEPUTY CHIEF OF POLICE
- Townsend MA Police Department - Deputy Police Position
- Chief of Police: Town of Moultonborough
- 2017 2 Day Training Materials (September 20-21, 2017)
- Freeport, Maine - Wanted: Full Time Police Officer
- Police Chief Posting - Westborough Police Department